OK, now you're sitting there thinking, "How can I make money from advertising?" The easiest way is to use Google Adsense. You can found it and sign up for it on the google website. When you sign up for google adsense, google places several ads(3-5) on your site. These ads are just text ads with a small description of what they're advertising. When someone clicks your ad, you make money. They don't even have to buy anything on the site!
When I heard this, the first thing I thought was that this system could easily be cheated. For example, what if I just sat there all day clicking ads? I'd probably have several hundred dollars coming my way, but there is a problem. Google does not let you click on your own ads. They make you agree to this in their Liscense Agreement. I wouldn't test their patience either.
For every click you make several cents(payment varies). This sounds very small, but it definitely builds. On average, I make 30 - 40$ per website every month from Adsense. This is a pretty decent amount, and I don't even use Adsense very heavily.
Note: If you have issues setting up Google Adsense, and are using Blogger.com, they can set it up for you. If you go to your blog, click on customize, and they have an option to add google Adsense.